Sunday, April 14, 2024

The making of Mossy Grove Dollhouse 2

I was cruising along and then ran into a little bit of a problem with my electric.


I forgot to test the three lights on the battery that I had and one of them was red which definitely will not work as a candle! I ordered a new orange flickering light but in the meantime I decided to get the roof finished.


I have been collecting pine cones for this project over the last year. I feel like they make a wonderful fantasy roof. They can be prickly on your fingers so I have to work slowly and carefully.







So I have to take apart some of the exterior to get the red light out and down into the fireplace and install the new orange light on the mantle.


I made all of the lights from beads and a glass globe (upstairs on the little table) I have had forever! I was in a little bit of a panic because I knew I wanted to use it and after 20 years of holding on to this darn thing I couldn't find it, but thank goodness I found it staged in a box  in Ophelia's dollhouse attic!





I added some rust to the outdoor lantern and ran the wire inside after drilling a hole underneath. I will cover the wire with ivy later.


The ran the battery and extra wires into a hole in the back yard and made little removable  lid with the logs. The landscaping is next...





4 comments:

  1. Muy original usar las piƱas para el tejado. Queda bien.
    Buen trabajo con las luces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bonitos se ven los techos,me encantan! Y las luces le dan un aspecto muy acogedor!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete