Saturday, April 6, 2024

Dollhouse kitchen counter

I decided to make the counter from scratch because of the limited amount of space in the kitchen. This was all made with basswood. The cabinets have pin hinges. I bought the 3D printed sink but won’t mention the maker because I had a lot of issues with it. They made the drain hole protrude up  instead of down so I had to do a lot of sanding and cutting to get it lowered. It also had a lot of texture and took loads of sanding and painting to smooth it out.

There is a lot of preplanning that goes into building mini cabinetry. Graph paper is ideal for sorting out the measurements! 

I found this cute bee themed scrapbook paper in my stash, that I have always loved, so I took a photo of it and printed it out in miniature. It was perfect to line the drawers and cabinets with! 

I love the faucet! That was 3D printed by Tease Miniatures on Etsy. She has a fabulous collection and they are very good quality.





The counter top is printed and sprayed with a sealant and then wrapped around basswood. I am really happy with how this turned out! Now I just have to make a range.


0 comments:

Post a Comment