Friday, April 5, 2024

Dollhouse wood flooring

Hello again! For this post I will be sharing the farmhouse flooring. This is a sheet of wood flooring from Hobby Lobby. 


I stained it with a dark stain and one it had completely dried I used this handy sanding tool that was recommended to me by April Nugent (@aprilsminiworld on Instagram!). This is actually how we became great friends. Now I think of her with a smile every time I use it. It definitely is easier on your hands and skin.




I fold over each plank and sand in-between. This makes the floor look much more realistic without all the rough edges. Then I use a course brush to clean out all the dust from sanding. This is a very messy job so I would recommend doing it outside or over a trash can.







Install the floor sheet with wood glue and put some books on it while it sets. Then use a microfiber rag to be sure it's clean and brush on some varnish. Sand lightly, wipe again and reapply varnish. You can sand a bit more if you want a rustic look. I like to sand more in the high traffic areas.


Above is a beautiful little toy lamb made by artofmini.com and a doll made by Karen Tadman @karensminibears on Instagram


Thanks for stopping by! Next, we will start the roof assembly...

















1 comment: