Thursday, March 2, 2023

Tool kit for miniaturists

I remember back when I first started making miniatures my father gave me his little tool kit. I was allowed to use the saw but he would help with the knife work for safety. I loved all those mini tools. He used to build ships in miniature from his own design. 

Here, I am showing a builders tool kit from miniatures.com. I seriously recommend this for not only beginners but also for anyone who is making miniatures. I am very bad about treating myself to new tools. I see them all the time but never get them for myself. But this year I decided to step it up with tools that will make my building experience a little easier. So this was a good place to start.



The first thing I love about this tool box is it keeps everything in one place! This is really a great investment and you can easily close it up and take it to your mini meetings.


This Deluxe Dollhouse Tool Kit includes a light duty knife, heavy duty knife, three assorted blades, pull saw, pin vise, miter box, fixed point awl, sanding stick and block, flat head screwdriver, large and small clamps, 6" metal ruler, and three assorted drill bits. 



Clamps always com in handy and the ruler even has decimal to fraction conversion on the back!


This sanding stick will be very handy for fine shaping and sanding.


There is also a long sanding block for larger flat surfaces. I am excited to use this for my farm cottage build. Click here and go get yours now!

2 comments:

  1. When I returned to miniatures in 2012 I saw that tool kit at our local hobby shop. I wanted to buy it, but I’m practical to a fault. I already had about half of the tools and I wasn’t sure how long miniatures would hold my interest, so I was reluctant to spend the money. It is a nice kit and I still wish I had bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrill, I am the same way! I will struggle through building with the wrong tools to save $. But I have to say treating myself to tools feels really good. Plus this is really affordable. I may start putting aside a little $ each month for tools!

    ReplyDelete