Monday, March 6, 2023

Making dollhouse windows and doors

I'm starting a new build (a small 3 room farm cottage) and decided to do something a little backwards for me. I'm making my windows and doors from scratch first. This way I'm not restricted by specific measurements. Instead, they will dictate the space that's cut out from the walls.








Windows are done! hey are non-working windows. Now onto the front door!


This shows the progress of my front door. I wanted it to look like someone salvaged an old door. It stays open so I will need to add a little more to the jam to give it a snug close. A few strips of cover stock will do the trick!












I can't be happier with this beautifully mitered corner for a door frame! I used the Miter-Rite™ sold at miniatures.com.

The blade has no wiggle to it and makes perfect cuts! 



The more contemporary door will be the pantry door. Hey! Who is that cute little guy?



I have the lower level of my farm cottage assembled. The base is Gator board to prevent any warping and because the second story floor will also be Gator board I was able to use half inch thick foam board for the walls. Wood glue and long nails are used to hold everything together  I am in the process of cutting bristol board strips to use as shiplap on the walls downstairs.Finished the doors! I wanted a vintage Victorian door that looked like it was rescued for the front door. Here is the space before I installed the floor. 

More on that in the next post!


0 comments:

Post a Comment