Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Dollhouse porch step

 


I was ready to make the porch steps for the double decker room box so first I took measurements.



Then I decided on the design I wanted for the porch sides.

The width of the sides would be the thickness of two pieces of foam board.



Next, I took the initial measurements of the entire width of the porch and subtracted the thickness of the 2 sides walls to determine the porch ‘concrete’ area.


I cut the porch ‘concrete’ area first.


Then the height from the top of the porch to the ‘ground’, for the back of the entire porch's structure and the back of the step.


Then I determined the measurement of the step top and the step base to the ground. 



I dry fit the porch and laid down the step and marked the foam board where the sides would end.


I drew the shape onto the foam board. But somehow I cut it too short! So I glued some wood to the bottom of the sides to make up the difference. 


Here the two sides are glued to the back and I have cut braces to glue in the corners for extra support. Then I glued the front with braces and glued on the top of the porch. Once they dried, I glued on the step. I cut two pieces of mat board and glued them on the inside walls, butted against the step and around the front.


I used Fun Foam to make the curve over the top of the sides and glued it down with wood glue. 



Once dry, I painted everything.





I will be adding a garden on the sides but first I need to make the roof!






1 comment: