Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Felting tiny mice

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a nice fall season so far. I got swept into the wonderful world of felting. Like I needed another creative interest, right? Oh well, life is short so why not do whatever you love to do.

I made these guys so far. The tan one in the sled was my 2nd attempt. I can see him in a top hat!


This little guy was my third attempt...Awe I love him!


Here he is showing you the felting needle. Basically you stab the felt over and over on the burlap and rice pillow as it sticks to itself. Sorry, my portrait filter is blurring and deleting parts of the needle.

Then my boyfriend (who owns an auto shop) wanted one for his service counter so I made Bud! He wants to see the reaction from his customers and if he will sell.


I still have some fine tuning to do as I continue to make them. It's fun watching them come to life.

This started because I wanted to make some fox to live in the half-inch scale Jasmine house that I have been sharing continuous tutorials for in American Miniaturist magazine. So here they are so far. They still need eyes, noses, tails and clothes.



That's what I have been up to as well as the room box, which I will post progress on very soon. 


2 comments:

  1. Every one of these little creatures are absolutely enchanting! I love them! There is nothing you can't do and you do it all so well! You keep trying all the crafts and skills that inspire you, because you inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you Jodi! I love trying new things and showing others there's nothing to be nervous about!

    ReplyDelete