Friday, December 24, 2021

Antique Dollhouse

I wish you all a magical holiday season! A big thank you to all that have been following this new blog and to all that have been following me for so many years through my other 2 blogs.

This next year will be filled with many more projects and experiments!


My 1920s Schoenhut Bungalow was decorated for Christmas. 

I added a sled and a wagon to the porch because when I was little these are the two things I would always ask Santa for. I had a humble childhood so to have a sled was something I dreamed about. I never got one but my mom found giant metal trays at the charity shop and they were as fast as lightning! 


I vividly remember talking to Santa on the phone and asking him for a wagon. I was so very shy when I was a child. I hid behind a Mexican blanket that was hung on our dining room wall while I spoke to ’Santa'. I was so excited and thought for sure I would get that wagon!


Turned out it was a friend of my father’s and I guess the message wasn’t translated to my dad. But no worries, I bought my own wagon as an adult and used it in the garden.


I believe that taking care of your inner child is one of the keys to being truly happy.









Tiny dollhouse by Hubert Lengdorfer
Tiny dollhouse by Hubert Lengdorfer






4 comments:

  1. Una preciosa decoración!
    Felices Fiestas Y un Año Nuevo cargado de cosas buenas!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kisses to you too! I wish you pure joy in this New Year!
      ¡Besos a ti también! ¡Te deseo pura alegría en este Año Nuevo!

      Delete
  2. Gracias por mostrarnos esta pequeña casa de muñecas , tienes verdaderos tesoros. Continua con ese espíritu de niño para poder hacer y mostrar estas maravillas. Feliz Año nuevo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! Have a magical holiday season!
      ¡Muchas gracias por tus amables palabras! ¡Que tengas unas vacaciones mágicas!

      Delete